Dont try this at home!!

We recently got a couple of LED night lights. One for the little boys room, and one for the bathroom. The idea was that it would hopefully encourage Brecken to sleep through the night and/or wake up and get up to pee instead of wetting the bed. It has worked in that regard, however, the day after we first plugged them in, I was upstairs with the boys, taking down the hideous wallpaper in their room. This has been an ongoing project, because there is a couple of layers of paper, and its a time consuming endeavor.

Well, the boys started fighting over the night light, and I grabbed Ronan because he was hitting Brecken, etc. So, I’ve got Ronan and I’m talking to him, and I turn to Brecken, getting ready to tell him to quit messing with the light, and all the sudden sparks and smoke start flying out of the outlet.

I freaked out and was semi-yelling at Brecken, still not knowing exactly what happened. I dragged both kids downstairs so that I could turn off the breaker, then went back upstairs to unplug the nightlight.

What I found was this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Needless to say, Brecken has a much clearer understanding of what electricty is now. He was very upset that his nightlight was ruined. Although, actually it wasnt, but I didnt know that at the time.

Advertisements

About lisser

My name is Alyssa. I live with my husband and 2 young boys on our farm in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. I have been in the planning to launch a small scale farm from our acreage for the last 2 years. Much to my excitement 2010 brings the start of my dream to fruition. We are starting small, but will continue to grow as a valuable local food source in our community. We are an unschooling, attachment parenting family, with a love for the outdoors, and a passion for sustainable farming. I am a stay (and now work) at home mom. I enjoy reading, sewing, cooking/baking, canning and photography.
This entry was posted in Kid Funnies, Photos, Unschooling. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Dont try this at home!!

  1. Ruth Leandra says:

    haha…oh brecken. i can just picture him crying because it was broken. what a little cutie.

  2. Patty says:

    oh wow! My older brother learned about electricity by unplugging the lamp with his teeth. So glad everyone is ok!

  3. Oh no! That was a close one! Did you spring a few new gray hairs!? Glad everyone’s OK!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s